Slut Vs. Whore

The first time someone called me a slut, it was my brother.  I called him a prude for staying at home all the time in his bedroom and never going on dates.  He called me a slut.  At the time, I truly burst out laughing!  Really?  A slut?  That’s the best you can do?  We were in a heated argument over something, and I truly don’t recall what.  I remember I was in high school at the time, and we were fighting (as little sisters and big brothers are wont to do).

When I first became sexually active, I remember the word “slut” being so very naughty.  It felt almost like I was breaking a rule to say it.  I began to become very aroused by the word when it was used on me.  I remember telling Master once that I was “His Devotional Slut”.  Ah, that title still sounds hot to me.  I remember him posting about it on livejournal, telling people that I was his devotional slut, and so many people got offended, over a little word like that!  Pshaw!  Come on people.  “Slut” has become so passe lately, people use it all the time!  It is practically a term of endearment to many.

That’s where “whore” comes in.  I love humiliation and degradation, and as time goes on, I find that certain words lose their humiliating “pop”.  Slut is one of them.  It has reached the point now, where it feels almost as normal as Master calling me his “snuggle bug”.  (Which, he does do, admittedly.)  *Blush*

Whore is different to me.  I think that if my brother called me a whore now, then I would be offended.  In fact, if anyone other than Master called me a whore, it would bother me.  Master says it with a note of love and endearment, but somehow it still feels dirty to me.  The same with “Cum slut” or “cum dumpster”.  I want to be MASTER’S cum slut, MASTER’S cum dumpster.  Not anyone else’s.  Master calling me these things (or many many other filthy names) is a turn on.  Anyone else calling me these things sounds like an insult to me.

I wonder what I will do when “Whore” sounds as love-dovey as “slut” or “snuggle bug” to me.  *Giggle*  Only time will tell.

13 thoughts on “Slut Vs. Whore

1. I'm offended by the word 'whore', but not for the reasons most would think. Sex is not my profession, it's a well loved hobby and to call me a whore shames those who are part of the oldest profession known to mankind. I respect the profession, but it's not mine and I do not get paid for what I do.
    If I am anything, I am a slut. I have sex for pleasure's sake, not for monetary reasons.

Hi Kitten,

Interesting perspective, thanks for sharing. I don’t think I’ve really thought of the word “whore” as being used for someone who has sex solely for money. I don’t personally have sex for money (true, I perform adult shows online, but I do NOT have sex with people for money.) To me, it is just another degrading word, and that is what I love about it.

2. MomoNoHanna says:

Master loves using these words :) at first I didn't like it but now it has become such a turn on that if he doesn't say it I get dissapointed as the same when he doesn't use our bondage tools hehe. Most of the times he says "your Masters slutty bitch" or "cumm for me bitch/slut" or even "your mine slut". Im sure there is more…

3. lostmaverick says:

I agree that “slut” has lost alot of its original sting as of late, mostly through women reclaiming it as a playful insult between each other and the gradual broadening of views on sexuality. “Whore,” however, probably won’t lose its taboo anytime soon given its origin and other factors. I’ve never been comfortable using either term myself, even in jest, although I will admit I think its kinda cute when couples use it as terms of endearment between each other.

Hi Maverick!

True, I don’t think “whore” will lose its taboo anytime soon either – for the rest of the world, but eventually, if Master keeps calling me his dirty little whore, it is going to lose its degrading feel to *me*. We’ll see though. :-)

• lostmaverick says:

Well, any pet name spoken lovingly between two people is going to eventually change the meaning of the word to them. I’m sure if “whore” loses its novelty you’ll find something else ;-)

Yeah, that’s my point! I’m not even sure what comes after “whore” for me? Maybe he’ll start calling me a worthless little cumrag. He he he. Awesome. <3

4. Jessie Beth says:

Oh I love the word slut! LOL The word whore, for me, has the connotation of someone who’s unfaithful. (not poly, just unfaithful) unless it’s used, as you stated, by someone saying “you’re my little whore!” or some such thing.

I think it’s awesome that we are starting to “take back” some of these words.

Ooh, I am so glad I wrote this post! I am loving getting everyone’s opinions on these words. :) Rock on! Everyone thinks completely different things so far, and I love it when people make me think. Woot!

5. Kittyjenjen says:

Slut has definitely gone the way of bitch. most times the response is “yeah, and…” whore still has the gasp factor. as far as when it loses its spark for you, guess you and master will have to let your creative juices, as well as others, flow. define your own word (made up or otherwise) between the two of you. that way not only is it naughty to you but its a secret too.

6. Hehehe….you ARE quite a lovely little slut.

Much love,